Bleachable Moments

 This is pretty much how my week went...


 It's a good thing the boys are cute otherwise I might have lost my mind by now! In between cleaning the bathtub...

 and sheets...

I managed to get in a bit of training this week. I got in some hill repeats, my moderate runs and also met another PI runner who totally kicked my but and reminded me that I need to actually do some fast running once in awhile. Overall I did pretty well on my training, but I missed my long run so a bit nervous how that will play out at Surf City. The biggest positive is that was my 4th week in a row of pretty solid training so the consistency of training is coming back. I'm not sure I can really say I've gotten the balance thing down because dinner every night was a frantic mess of whatever we could pick up or throw together without any prep. Its just tough for us to operate that way so I still have a ways to go to finding that balance.

In other news James has turned into a little chatterbox...of course Dan and I are probably the only ones who can actually understand him so I feel like I'm constantly translating, but at least is verbal communication. He wants so bad to talk to people and have them understand what's going on in his head. Granted I'm not sure anyone will ever fully understand what's going on in his head. That kid is totally crazy most of the time. He has really been doing well with pretend play...especially with his baby...that baby sits next to him when he drinks milk, takes naps, plays in the bumbo, eats, sits in the carseat...and even gets breathing treatments...

And the greatest news is that sleep training has finally paid off and Robert is sleeping through the night! I honestly feel like a whole new person sleeping for a solid 6 hours...of course if I didn't have to get up before him to shower and work and all those fun tasks that take twice as long with a baby on your hip I might get a full night of sleep, but from what I hear I'm a solid 10 years away from seeing that again. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts